A Harry Potter meme snagged from LuckyJ52587! This includes spoilers!
01. How did you first get in to Harry Potter? Was it love at first sight or did it take some convincing?
When the first book came out, I was only a little sprog, so my dad bought it for me and read about a chapter a night until we finished it. Then I asked him to read it again, because I loved it so much. We did the same for the next couple books then I started reading them by myself...so yeah, it was definitely love at first sight. And I always thank my dad for getting me into it and buying all of the books for me xD
02. What are your top three favorite characters and a paragraph on why?
1) Remus Lupin - By far one of my favourite characters (
EVEN THOUGH HE'S LOST IN THE MOVIE VERSION DAMNIT). He's genuine, sweet, funny, caring and loads of bad things just end up happening to him. He deserves better! I've loved him ever since he was introduced in the third book, and when he died I literally had to put the book down and cry for an hour. And JKR, may I ask what's up with his crap death? Harry basically saw him, then saw him with the resurection stone then that's it! I think she only killed him off so he could be in that scene. All he's done is good things for people, even when he's had all that crap thrown at him, and he just gets killed off at the last minute? Stupid. As you can tell, I'm in denial.
2) James Potter - I just love him because I think he's awesome...and he's very good looking in my head. Generally when I talk to Snape lovers on different fan sites, they hate him because they think he's an arrogant bully, but I'd defend James to the death no matter what he does. A generally awesome character in my head xD
3) Sirius Black - Another awesome character. I cried so much when he died! And yet another crap death, JKR? What were you thinking?
I think he's got a bit of depth to him as well, which a lot of people don't really see...but yeah, I love him too.
Yes, I did just choose three marauders as my favourite characters. If there was a fourth spot, then I so would have put Teddy Lupin! As you can tell, I love me some Lupin! The reason I love him so much is probably because I imagine him as a mini Remus with blue hair and a tendency to fall over xD
03. Who is your favorite villain in the series and why?
Um, Voldemort. His character has so much more depth than any other of the characters. Debatable, I know. Most people just see him as evil, that's the end of it, but I can sort of see why he is evil, and I can sort of understand how his mind works...That sounds sinister :S Anyway, this doesn't mean I agree with the sort of things he does, but I can understand the way he thinks and why he does it, unlike Bellatrix who's just evil, nothing else. It's hard to describe without sounding insane.
04. Is there a character you disliked in the books but preferred in the movies or vice versa?
I'm not sure whether I like Dumbledore in the movies as much as I like him in the books
05. What is your favorite magical location, apart from Hogwarts?
Honeydukes. For sure.
06. If you could work at any shop or restaurant in Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley, which would it be?
07. What would your Boggart and Patronus be and why?
Death...I'm really afraid of dying.
My patronus? Probably a meerkat.
Can I have one called Aleksandr that compares other meerkats?08. What is your favorite chapter in each book?
I generally like the chapters where there's resolutions and people end up working things out and there's their reactions to everything *can't be bothered to go through the books*
Ooh! I do love Snape's Worst Memory from book five though! That's an amazing chapter.
09. What was your favorite plot twist in the series?
Peter was Scabbers. That really surprised me; I hadn't expected it at all! Reading some of the previous books back, I can't believe I missed some of the signs. That was awesome xD
10. Who is your favorite Marauder, Order of the Phoenix member, Death Eater, and why?
1) Marauder - Don't do this to me! I love them all, apart from Peter. Did you not see that they're my three favourite characters? All of them have different things I love about them...I can't answer that.
2) Order - Tonks. She's so awesome! And I'm a total Tonks/Remus shipper xD I also love Bill aswell.
3) Death Eater - Amycus Carrow, simply because I love the way I see him when I RP him xD
11. What profession would you pursue in the magical world?
An author of a textbook perhaps? So long as I don't get possessed by a snake when I die...
12. Who is your favorite magical inhabitant at Hogwarts?
HAGRID Umm...Peeves ;)
13. What would you make a Horcrux?
My Pandora bracelet.
14. What do you think was Harry's greatest vice and his greatest virtue?
Vice = Taking the blame for everything
Virtue = Loyalty to his friends and family
15. If you could be any character in the series, who would you be? Their burdens would be yours, so choose wisely!
Tonks xD I want to be a metamorphagus
and I want to marry Remus.
16. What character past reveal was your favorite in the entire series?
Regulus'. I don't know why, it just touched me more than anyone elses
17. Who is the better friend: Ron or Hermione?
Depends. Hermione's got his best interests at heart, but sometimes goes about it in the wrong way, and Ron's more of emotional support type friend that's always there when you need it, but he doesn't sometimes think things through very well. He needs both of them equally.
18. What is your favorite moral lesson from the series (e.g. good vs. evil)?
Good will always triumph over evil. Cliche, but heartwarming.
19. Do you agree with the outcome of Harry's sacrifice? Would it have been better if Rowling had done the opposite?
I think it was clever and I think if JKR did it otherwise, a lot of people would be annoyed, me included.
20. What did you think of Deathly Hallows: Part 1? What did they do right and what did they do wrongly? What do you hope for with Part 2?
I was pleasantly surprised with DH1, because I thought they'd end up getting it terribly wrong, but I think they did it quite well. I loved the first three movies, liked the next two because they were able to keep all the important parts in but were able to cut it down (the 4th and 5th books were the longest and most boring in my opinion), but I absolutely hated the 6th movie and that really upset me because I quite enjoyed that book. So I didn't really have high hopes for DH1 but I think they did quite well, translating it from the book to the screen. However, the two parts I was most looking forward to (the two most interesting parts of the first half of the book) were lost; Regulus' story and Remus' visit. For that reason, I was slightly disappointed, but other than that I thought it was rather good.
I hope in part 2; Neville gets his share of the limelight, Snape/Remus/Tonks/Fred's deaths are good, Snape and Lily's story.